June, 1897 Mountain Echo: The campers are beginning to come for the summer. Already a goodly number of tents are pitched in the Maple Grove*.
*note: In early days Felton Grove was also referred to as Maple Grove. It appears that some folks confused our Sycamores with Maple trees. See early 1900’s proposed subdivision maps showing Circle Dr. as Maple Street.